Metro, Bus, Bike,… the best ways to visit Lille !
Find here the map of city bus networktranspole.fr
It is well known that Lille is one of the best cities in Europe for the efficient of the public transports. It is not rare to see three different buses at the same time at the corner of the street… Bus is a good option but do not forget the bike when the weather is good, Lille and the agglomeration is mostly between 10 meters and 40 meters above see level, so you will ride your bike without pain.
There is a few options to enjoy the public transport network. If you stay just few days, you will pick the best ticket for you here, the best way is to buy your ticket in Metro station (There is a shop in station Republique and in station Gare Lille Flandres, Automat in all stations). If you have already a Pass-Pass travel-card, you will be able to load any type of ticket (from single €1.60 to 7days €16.50). The Pass-Pass travel-card is €2.
Another good way to visit is V’Lille the public bike system. One day €1.60 and 7 days is €7. Each time you pick a bike in a station, you can use it during 30 minutes without charge. After you first free 30 minutes, you will pay only €1 per 30 min.
It is possible to get your access online or directly in one of the V’Lille stations. The only thing you need is a Bank Card with a sufficient credit.
Transpole is the name of the public transport network. You are able to downloads maps and apps on its website. There is all the informations there. But the website is only in french and informations is sometimes hard to find.
What do you have to know :
- Metro Line 1 : 1st train departure is 5h12 (sunday 6h24) & last train departure is 0h21.
- Metro Line 2 : 1st train departure is 5h12 (sunday 6h24) & last train departure is 23h40.
- There is bus night service Thursday to Saturday nights between city center and universities.
- Fews buses have late services : Lianes 1, 2, 3, 4, 90; Buses 10, 11, 12, 14, 86
- Tramway R and T is between 5h40 (sunday 7h) and 23h50.
- On tramways, your are able to take your bike, except in station Gare Lille Flandres.
- In the Vieux-Lille (old town) you can stop the bus shuttle at any place on its way. Just start walking and put your hand up when the shuttle is approaching. You do not have to stay waiting at a station.
The best way to get informations is to go in Metro stations : République or Gare Lille Flandres.
Station 6 : Republique Beaux Arts
From the apartment !
Go few meters down on the boulevard and turn right on Rue Jeanne d’Arc. Go straight down this street around half a mile until you reach the Boulevard de la Liberté.
Take it on your left 200 meters and you will reach Republique Metro Station and Transpole Shop.
+33 / (0)3 20 40 40 40